Our parish realized a long cherished desire to purchase adjacent land for theexpansion of our church building. Thanks to H.H. Sh. Hamad Bin Sulman AlKhalifa. H.H The Amir received His Holiness Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Mathew II, Catholicose of the East and Malankara Metropolitan and accompanyingdelegates and made the gracious promise and decree to annex the adjacent land for the church building expansion.
His Holiness Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Mathew II, Catholicose of the East and Malankara Metropolitan consecrated the foundation stone for the new church building on 23rd April, the Easter Sunday. The 3 altars were named in the name of St. Mary, St. Thomas and St. Gregorios of Parumala.
Rev.Fr.N.S.Varghese compiled the English Qurbana book and English Holy Qurbanastarted in our Church during this year on regular basis.
As per the General Body decision on 20th April, church introduced a fund named as Family Welfare Fund to support members of the deceased families. According to this decision,BD.1000/- will be paid to such cases upon application from the concerned family member.
The church started plans for accumulating fund for realizing the new church building by conducting different programs.
The Parish General Body held in December 2000 formed an Executive Committeeof Conveners responsible in various areas for the Construction of the New Church.